Tehran [Iran], May 20 (ANI): Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) on Wednesday warned the United States and Israel against any renewed military action targeting Iran, declaring that any future conflict could expand beyond the Middle East region, according to Iranian state media outlet Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB).
In an official statement, the IRGC said, “If the aggression against Iran is repeated, the war will be extended outside the Middle East region, and our crushing blows will hit you in places you cannot imagine.”
The warning comes amid heightened regional tensions following recent confrontations involving Iran, the United States and Israel.
The IRGC asserted that Iran had not yet deployed the full extent of its military capabilities during the previous phase of fighting.
“Although in the previous round of war, the US-Israel used all their capabilities, we did not use all our capabilities,” the statement said.
“But if action is taken against Iran, Iran’s new regional and extra-regional capabilities will be activated,” it added.
The IRGC further claimed that the conflict had already spread across the region, arguing that Tehran’s previous warnings had proven accurate.
“As warned before the US aggression against Iran, the war has engulfed the entire region,” the statement said.
“Unlike the enemy, Iran’s warnings are not empty,” the IRGC added, warning that “any new aggression will activate Iran’s extra-regional capabilities.”
The IRGC stressed that its military posture would ultimately be demonstrated through direct action rather than rhetoric.
“We are men of war, and you will see our power on the battlefield, not in empty statements on social media,” the statement said, according to IRIB.
Earlier Tuesday, US President Donald Trump said Iran wanted to make a deal “so badly” and claimed the ongoing conflict would end “very quickly.”
Speaking at a press conference, Trump also predicted a sharp decline in global oil prices due to abundant supply.
“There’s so much oil out there, they’re going to come plummeting down. We’re going to end that war very quickly. They want to make a deal so badly,” Trump said.
The development comes as the US Senate earlier Tuesday passed a resolution seeking to limit President Trump’s war powers related to Iran, according to CBS News.
Senators approved a motion to discharge the resolution from committee in a 50-47 vote, with four Republican lawmakers joining most Democrats in support of the measure, CBS News reported. It marked the eighth attempt by Senate Democrats to pass such a resolution.
The resolution, introduced by Democratic Senator Tim Kaine, would direct the President to “remove the United States Armed Forces from hostilities within or against Iran, unless explicitly authorized by a declaration of war or a specific authorization for use of military force.”
The latest developments follow ongoing negotiations related to a possible peace agreement between the US and Iran, after Trump earlier announced that he had put a “planned attack” on Tehran on hold following appeals from Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Trump also said the US remained “prepared to go forward with a full, large-scale assault” on Iran. (ANI)
